Installation and Activation
Required PC specifications may vary depending on the size of the camera system. Generally, you will be required to use the recommended specs with a system with more than 24 cameras.
To install Motive, you must first download the Motive installer from our website. Follow the Downloads link under the Support page (http://optitrack.com/downloads/), and you will be able to find the newest version of Motive or the previous releases if needed. Both Motive: Body and Motive: Tracker shares same software installer.
1. Run the Installer
When the download is complete, run the installer to initiate the installation process.
2. Install the USB Driver and Dependencies
If you are installing Motive for the first time, it will prompt you to install the OptiTrack USB Driver. This driver is required for all OptiTrack USB devices including the Security Key. You may also need to install other dependencies such as the C++ redistributable. After all dependencies have been installed, continue onto installing the Motive.
3. Install Motive
Follow the installation prompts and install Motive in your desired file directory. We recommend installing the software in the default directory,
Installer Wizard for Motive
4. OptiTrack Peripheral Module
At the Custom Setup section of the installation process, you will be asked to choose whether to install the Peripheral Devices along with Motive. If you plan to use force plate, NI-DAQ, or EMG devices along with motion capture systems, then make sure the Peripheral Device is installed. If you are not going to be using these devices, you may skip to the next step.
Peripheral module installation
NI-DAQmx driver installation
5. Finish Installation
Firewall / Anti-Virus
- Make sure all antivirus software on the Host PC is allowing Motive.
- For Ethernet cameras, make sure the windows' firewall is configured to allow the camera network to be recognized. Disabling them entirely is another option.
Windows power saving mode limits CPU usage. In order to best utilize Motive, set this mode to the High Performance mode and remove the limitations. You can configure the High Performance Mode from
Control Panel → Hardware and Sound → Power Optionsas shown in the image below.
Notification to enable the high performance mode.
Enabling the high performance mode. Click image to enlarge.
Graphics Card Settings
This is only for computers with integrated graphics.
For computers with integrated graphics, please make sure Motive is set to run on the dedicated graphics card. If the host computer has integrated graphics on the CPU, the PC may switch to using integrated graphics when the computer goes to sleep mode, and when this happens, the viewport may go unresponsive when it exits out of the sleep mode. If you have integrated graphics on the computer, go to the Graphics Settings on Windows, and browse Motive to set it as high-performance graphics.
Setting preferred graphics processor from Graphics Settings in Windows 10
Once you have installed Motive, the next step is to activate the software using the provided license information and a USB Security Key. Motive activation requires a valid Motive 3.0 license, a USB Security Key, and a computer with USB C ports or an adapter for USB A to USB C.
For Motive 3.0 and above, USB Security Key is required to use the camera system. This key is different from the previous Hardware Key and it improves the security of the camera system. The Security Keys will need to be purchased separately. For more information, please refer to the following page:
There are five different types of Motive licenses: Motive:Body-Unlimited, Motive:Body, Motive:Tracker, Motive:Edit-Unlimited, and Motive:Edit. Each license unlocks different features in the software depending on the use case that the license is intended to facilitate.
- The Motive:Body and Motive:Body-Unlimited licenses are intended for either small (up to 3) or large-scale Skeleton tracking applications.
- The Motive:Tracker license is intended for real-time Rigid Body tracking applications.
- The Motive:Edit and Motive:Edit Unlimited licenses are intended for users modifying data after it has been captured already
Step 1. Launch Motive
First, launch Motive.
Step 2. Activate
The Motive splash screen will pop up and it will indicate that the license is not found. Click and open the license tool and fill out the following fields using provided license information. You will need the License Serial Number and License Hash from your order invoice and the Hardware Key Serial Number indicated on the USB security key or the hardware key. Once you have entered all the information, click Activate. If you have already activated the license before on another machine, make sure the same name is entered when activating.
Motive splash screen: License activation. Click image to enlarge.
Motive License Tool. Click image to enlarge.
Step 3. License File
If Motive is activated properly, license files will be placed in the license folder. This folder can be accessed from the splash screen or by navigating to
Start Menu → All Programs → OptiTrack → Motive → OptiTrack License Folder.
Step 4. Security Key
If not already done, insert the corresponding Security Key that was used to activate the license. The matching security key must be connected to the computer in order to use Motive.
Notes on Connecting the Security Key
- Connect the Security Key onto a USB port where it doesn't the USB bus does not have a lot of traffics. This is important especially if you have other peripheral devices that connect to the computer via USB ports. If there is too much data flowing through the USB bus used by the Security Key, Motive might not be able to connect the cameras.
- Make sure USB Hardware Key is unplugged. If both the Hardware Key and the Security Key are plugged into the same computer, Motive may not activate properly.
You can also check the status of the activated license from the About Motive pop-up. This can be accessed in the splash screen when it fails to detect a valid license, or it can be accessed from the
About Motivemenu in Motive.
About Motive window listing all of the detected licenses. Click image to enlarge.
When no licenses are detected. Click image to enlarge.
OptiTrack software can be used on a new computer by reactivating the license, using the same license information. When reactivating, make sure to enter the same name information as before. After the license has been reactivated, the corresponding USB Security Key needs to be inserted into the PC in order to verify and run the software.
Another method of using the license is by copying the license file from the old computer to the new computer. The license file can be found in the OptiTrack License folder which can be accessed through the Motive Splash Screen or top Help menu in Motive.
For more information on licensing of Motive, refer to the Licensing FAQs from the OptiTrack website:
For more questions, contact our Support:
A: Use the license check tool to check the valid date of the license. Make sure the license can be used for the version of Motive you are trying to activate. Any licenses that were expired prior to the release date cannot be used to activate newer versions of Motive.
- First of all, if you haven't already done so, make sure you have activated the software license. If you have successfully activated the license, there should be a license file (DAT) placed under the license folder directory
- Then, check to make sure the matching USB Security Key is plugged into the computer. You may want to open up the About Motive pop-up and check whether if all of the license files and the security key is being recognized by Motive.
- If Motive still doesn't open up even with the license file and the Security Key set up properly, try deleting the existing license file and reactivating using the license information and the serial number on the Security Key.
A:Make sure Security Key is connected to the computer and try restarting Motive.
- If the Security Key is already connected, try connecting onto a different USB port, which doesn't have much data traffic on the USB bus.
A: Make sure the USB Security Key is properly plugged in. You may also want to try using a different USB port.
- Make sure there is no USB Hardware key plugged along with the USB Security Key. Only one key must be connected in order for Motive to recognize.
- Check if there are a lot of USB devices on the USB bus that may be transferring a lot of data, use a USB port on a bus that doesn't have a lot of devices connected.