The Camera SDK provides hardware (cameras and hubs) controls and access to the most fundamental frame data, such as grayscale images and 2D object information, from each camera. Using the Camera SDK, you can develop your own image processing applications that utilize the capabilities of the OptiTrack cameras. The Camera SDK is a free tool that can be downloaded from our website.
- Camera hardware controls
- Receiving frame data and 2D object data from each camera
- Device synchronization controls
- Sample applications with source code
After you install the Camera SDK, there will be a folder in your OptiTrack installation directory. This folder can also be accessed from
Windows start menu → OptiTrack → Camera SDK:
- **(\OptiTrack\Camera SDK\bin)**Includes an executable sample application, visualtest.exe, which was developed using the Camera SDK. This sample application allows you to configure camera settings and monitor captured 2D frames from each camera.
- **(\OptiTrack\Camera SDK\lib)**Includes native C++ application construction library.
- **(\OptiTrack\Camera SDK\include)**Includes header files for the SDK. Usage of each class is commented within the header files.
- **(\OptiTrack\CameraSDK\doc)**Includes topic specific instructions on how to utilize the Camera SDK.
- **(\OptiTrack\Camera SDK\samples)**Includes sample projects that employ the Camera SDK. Source code for these applications are included for additional references.